Guidelines for Submission of Manuscripts
1. The Taiwan Historical Research (THR) is published quarterly in March, June, September, and December of each year. It publishes articles (in both Chinese and English), academic activities and announcements, documents and source materials, and book reviews on historical subjects of Taiwan.
2. Preparation of manuscript for submission should consult the style sheet of the THR as a guide to format.
3. Please send an electronic file in WORD format.
4. Corresponding authors must grant the THR Editorial Board an irrevocable non-exclusive license to publish their work in print journal and its electronic version free of charge and unlimited by region, time, and means if it is accepted. The license includes the right to sublicense to third parties to duplicate, publish, disseminate, and sale in print or electronic form, or after digitization and editing, make available through public transmission, allowing users to retrieve, browse, download, transfer, print, etc. Upon publication of the manuscript in print journal, its electronic version in verbatim will be published on the THR’s web site.
5. Contributor will be entitled to 5 copies of the issue of the THR in which his or her work is published, as well as 50 copies of offprint free of charge.
6. Articles in the Taiwan Historical Research represent neither the views of the Institute of Taiwan History nor those of the THR editors. The contributors are solely responsible for statements, whether of fact or of opinion.
7. All inquiries and correspondence should be directed to the following e-mail:
8. No manuscript will be considered if it has been published or if it is currently under consideration for publication elsewhere; reprinting of the journal’s article requires prior notice and permission from the THR.